Directions to Site
HQRP ARRL 160 meter Contest 2011
HQRP is coming to Magnolia and W5MSQ will be on the air again!
When? December 2nd and 3rd Friday and Saturday evening till dawn Directions to our 2011 operations site
Hello one and all
Plans are progressing along Okay at this point, I think we will have about 5 to 6 people coming this weekend and it looks like GOOD weather so far. That will be nice if the conditions hold.
I would like to give you directions out to the site and I have included a map to help you out some please for to the TexasRadioZone.com to get the image if the one does not come through correctly. The picture should be fully downloadable and you should be able o print that if needed.
Caution! DO NOT Try to come in on Heagar Road!
Heagar is closed in the section marked in RED
Route 1 Green (Easiest)
1) Depart Houston on HWY 249 headed to Magnolia
2) HWY 249 will change to FM-1774 north of Tomball TX stay on the road.
3) Continue through Magnolia TX till you reach FM-1488 And Turn LEFT
4) Head West on FM-1488 for about 4 miles watch for an Exxon Station on your right. Continue on FM-1488 About 1 more mile WATCH for Oak Hollow Boulevard entrance on your left.
5) Enter the neighborhood and look to the left immediately the pavilion is only about 200 feet from where you turn in.
Route 2 Maroon
1) Depart Houston on HWY 290 headed to Hempstead
2) Watch for Kickapoo Road exit
3) Exit on Kickapoo and turn right (north)
4) Follow Kickapoo for about 7.5 miles
5) At Joseph road you can turn right and go to either Kickapoo or Rice road and turn left these roads both go to FM-1488.
6) At FM-1488 turn right and go about 2.9 miles (from Rice Road) and 4.5 miles from Kickapoo
7) Watch for Oak Hollow Boulevard entrance on your right.
8) Enter the neighborhood and look to the left immediately the pavilion is only about 200 feet from where you turn in.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
- Welcome Page
- What This Is About
- Activity Pages
NEW!! Digital Modes
- The Beginning
- The Equipment - Part 1
- The Equipment - Part 2
- The Equipment - Part 3
- The Antenna Environment
- Digital Mode Operations
- Digital Modes Exploration – PSK and MFSK16
- Digital Modes Exploration – Olivia and Contestia
- Fldigi and Digital Mode Identification Methods
- The Station Upgrades
- The Most Essential Station Element
- The Antenna System Components
- The Antenna System Particulars
- The Antenna System Operating Specifications
- Antenna Performance or “How well does it work?”
- How Clean is My Signal? – Part 1
- How Clean is My Signal? – Part 2
- I'M SHOUTING? Seriously ??
- Digital Pet Peeves
- Digital Modes for All Occasions
- The JT Modes
- Photo Gallery 2014 >
Old Picture Gallery
- The Greater Houston Hamfest
- South Texas Balloon Launch Team BLT-27
- 2012 Grid Square Sprint March
- New Page
- ARCI 2011 Fall QSO Party!
- QRP AField 2011
- Photo Gallery for the 2011 160 meter Contest
- Earlly Morning Set Up
- The Launch Videos from BLT-27!!
- The Flight of BLT-28
- During the Flight of BLT-27
- The BLT-27 Lunch at Hintz's BBQ
- Old Activities Gallery