During the flight things appeared to be going smoothly at first the systems were all checking in Okay on the ground and initially in flight but as with so many of these devises the more complex the more potential issues. On system that was hopped to do well was the WiFi MESH system.
It was discussed that the system worked well when the antennas were nonmoving but motion may have played a factor in the systems not being able to correctly link in 100% during the flight.
The Analog Video feed had issues this year, strangely this system is usually one of the most reliable system on the flight package, not sure if this was a ground based or Payload based issue. This is only a minor issue as the system has an outstanding history of success in the flights to date, after all things do happen and if this was supposed to be easy everyone would be doing it.
The on board digital camera / recorder appears to be a smashing success! With MANY hours or recorder video we are waiting anxiously to see Toms results with this system
The Parrot Repeater appears to have worked well providing numerous contacts through it. Additionally the Slow Scan TV system sent numerous pictures to the ground that have been recorded, Outstanding Job Thomas!
I know I am leaving ot some details here but this was wa brief summery of what I know to date. I will update things and post ANY additional photos anyone would like to share here be sure to send me a write up along with them so when they get posted we can get the facts and credits right.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
- Welcome Page
- What This Is About
- Activity Pages
NEW!! Digital Modes
- The Beginning
- The Equipment - Part 1
- The Equipment - Part 2
- The Equipment - Part 3
- The Antenna Environment
- Digital Mode Operations
- Digital Modes Exploration – PSK and MFSK16
- Digital Modes Exploration – Olivia and Contestia
- Fldigi and Digital Mode Identification Methods
- The Station Upgrades
- The Most Essential Station Element
- The Antenna System Components
- The Antenna System Particulars
- The Antenna System Operating Specifications
- Antenna Performance or “How well does it work?”
- How Clean is My Signal? – Part 1
- How Clean is My Signal? – Part 2
- I'M SHOUTING? Seriously ??
- Digital Pet Peeves
- Digital Modes for All Occasions
- The JT Modes
- Photo Gallery 2014 >
Old Picture Gallery
- The Greater Houston Hamfest
- South Texas Balloon Launch Team BLT-27
- 2012 Grid Square Sprint March
- New Page
- ARCI 2011 Fall QSO Party!
- QRP AField 2011
- Photo Gallery for the 2011 160 meter Contest
- Earlly Morning Set Up
- The Launch Videos from BLT-27!!
- The Flight of BLT-28
- During the Flight of BLT-27
- The BLT-27 Lunch at Hintz's BBQ
- Old Activities Gallery